Advantages and Side Effects of Digital ProductsTechnology is a tool to improve human productivity it can be used in an efficient way inefficient way it is up to you but you should be aware of its advantages and disadvantages which are given below
Advantages of digital productsIf the technology/ mobile/ laptop is used properly, it will be beneficial in the following ways.
- increase in productivity
- you can do your work faster
- saves you time
- improve mood (if used for limited time)
- You can learn anything with the help of internet
- can talk to anyone when you feel lonely
- Can also be used to earn money
Disadvantages of digital productsAccording to research by The New York Times, using your phone for five hours per day can lead to serious health problems, including eye strain, joint pain, and even serious health problems like carpal tunnel syndrome, This is because the human body was not designed for this type of repetitive motion over long periods of time. Your phone is an amazing tool, but too much use can lead to serious health and other problems in the following ways
- Poor physical and mental health
- can lead to anxiety and panic disorder
- decreased function of brain
- poor memory and memory loss
- can lead to eye problems
- poor decision making ability
How to use smartphone wisely for students and common peopleLearning from digital products is the best way as it saves lot of time but maintaining overall health while learning from digital screen is also a big challenge.
Also, it is also a big deal to not get into addiction of your phone or computer as any notification can distract you from your studies.
smart gadgets are an essential things to grow in our life so why should not we use them in the right way if we have to use it? so let's see here the best types to maintain your overall health while using smartphone or computer.
don't hold your phone too closeWhen you hold your phone closely to your face, it affects the eyes the most, because the radiation emanating from the screen can harm your eyes, This alos puts a lot of strain on the muscles and joints in your neck and upper body, To avoid this, make sure you’re holding your phone at least 12 inches from your face.
Avoid using your digital screen for more than 5 hours a dayIf you are a student (learn from online resources) or a software developer then it is necessary to use your mobile/laptop but you should not use your digital products continuously and not more than five hours a day.
Do not use for long time entertainmentuse your digital products for learning and work its ok but if you are using your digital products for long time looking unnecessary things on social media then it will affect your mood, Brain function will be most affected, you will have depression, anxiety, panic disorder and other physical and mental health problems.
So avoid using it for entertainment more than 1 hour a day
Take breakI am also a software developer and mostly work on digital screen, but using digital screen continuously for a long time has decreased my overall health, so after every 45 minutes of using computer, I drink water and go for a walk before returning to work. you should do the same.
use bluecut lensesYou should always wear your blue cut lenses, especially at night, this will protect your eyes from harmful radiation.Intellilens Square Blue Cut Computer glassprice ₹603.00/-
Do not use phone/laptop before sleeping or while sleepingThe biggest addiction of today's generation is to use the phone while sleeping, they use the phone till 3AM to 4AM, which destroys their sleep cycle and also causes mental problems.
Brain needs to sleep to get proper sleep so avoid using digital screen 2 hours before sleep.
Follow the 25-20-25 ruleFollow the 25-25-25 rule. Every 20 minutes, take a 25-second break to look at something 25 meters away. This rule is especially important if you’re using your phone or computer for more than an hour.
10 Things You Must Know for Your Eyes
- Take regular breaks from screen time.
- Opt for a larger screen to make your eyes happier.
- Invest in a high-quality lens to protect your eyes.
- Invest in a computer or mobile phone with a blue light filter.
- Place your phone far away from your eyes to reduce the risk of developing dry eyes and computer vision syndrome.
- Turn off notifications for distracting apps.
- Adjust the brightness of your screen to lessen the strain on your eyes.
- Delete the social media apps you use most frequently, and then decide if you can live without them.
- Disable the lock feature of your phone, so you don't spend time scrolling through old posts and pictures.
- Limit your cell phone use to avoid becoming addicted to the device and minimizing the blue light exposure on your eyes
How to Prevent Painful Joints Caused by Computer Usage
If you’re experiencing any symptoms such as numbness or tingling in your fingers, it may be a sign of carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome typically occurs because of repetitive tasks that require you to press keys on a keyboard and/or use a mouse.
If you’re experiencing pain or numbness in your fingers, speak with a doctor and consider changing your workstation, such as by using a keyboard with adjustable height and armrests. This will help minimize the strain on your lower arms and hands.
ConclusionThe guidelines below can help you avoid these problems.
- Keep your computer screen about an arm’s length away from your face.
- Take regular eye breaks when reading or working on your computer.
- Adjust the brightness on your computer screen according to the time of day.
- Take regular breaks from using your cell phone to avoid eye strain.
- Limit the amount of time you use your cell phone to 3 hours per day.
- Avoid looking at your cell phone, laptop, or tablet while lying down.
- Keep your cell phone and tablet in a bag or backpack when you’re not using them to avoid getting radiation exposure.
- Give your eyes a break by wearing sunglasses when you’re outside.
- Avoid exposing your eyes to bright light for long periods of time while using your device (avoid watching TV, using the laptop, or playing games on your device).
- Use a screen protector on your computer and other electronic devices.
- Learn how to use the voice commands on your cell phone to reduce strain on your hands and fingers.
- Do eye exercises to strengthen eye muscles and reduce eye strain.
- Avoid repetitive and prolonged use of devices and take breaks every